Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Float On!

Reports are coming in that the surf was really fun on Sunday and kinda it's lame that I missed it seeing the waves have just not materialized for me this summer. I've heard from more than a few friends how good it ended up being and how everyone is totally surfed out...blah blah blah. I kinda get the feeling they're trying to rub it in and I let `em go on about for a few minutes before knocking the smirk off their face with my response to "what did you end up doing this weekend if you weren't surfing?".

"Oh, what did I do? Not much other than turn my full head of hair into a pimpin' mullet, rocked the cut-off jean shorts, drink way too much beer and Yuka, float down a river with about 30+ other drunk fools dressed like Rednecks, and hang out on a sandbar with a bunch of topless ladies."

Ki Kopkau, Icicle Creek, WashingotnSelf Portrait above Icicle Creek

We spent the weekend celebrating my ladies birthday by camping along Icicle Creek, and attending the 6th annual "Redneck Riverfloat" along the banks of the mighty Wenatchee River. The weather turned out perfect, the river was warm, and the beer was cold, what more could I ask for?

Icicle Creek, Washington, Levenworth, Wenatchee RiverIcicle Creek - Night time long exposure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was funny. At one point after surfing our asses off someone mentioned that Ki was missing out.

But an sandy island of boobies sounds cool.